Friday 16 March 2018

IVE - That Infernal Chemistry (1984) C46


This completes my posting of stuff released by Refill Tapes of Devizes, Wiltshire, given that there was just this and the two compilations, Reflections of a Past Age and Another Lost Cause. You may already be vaguely familiar with IVE if you listened to Reflections, but otherwise - answers on a postcard to the usual address because I haven't a clue. They don't seem to be on Discogs and have no internet presence that I am able to detect. There's some information on the A4 information sheet which came with the tape, and which I've scanned and included with the download - names, address, and other tapes which may or may not have been available, but that's about it.

That Infernal Chemistry probably won't change anyone's life, but it's a decent cassette of approximately post-punk tracks distinguished by female backing vocals and drum machine, quite original in its own way, and maybe not unlike anything else you've ever heard, but at the same time I'm not sure quite to whom I should compareit for the sake of piquing anyone's interest - the Au Pairs maybe?



Tracks:
1 - Secrets
2 - Sixties Man
3 - Htworgrednu eht Hgourht
4 - Spinning Top
5 - Haircut Off
6 - Take Me to Your Alchemist
7 - Through the Undergrowth
8 - So They Tell Us
9 - I Must (cake mix)

 
Return to Index

No comments:

Post a Comment